Paul Haarman who is a veteran in the investment and finance business, claims that the purpose of providing financial solutions to people is to help them master important financial decisions that will give them the ability to focus on the essential things in life.
Churchill Asset Management L.L.C., a subsidiary of “Nuveen” – an American asset management company, operating on a global scale– does exactly that. It provides specialized investment and finance-related services to equity firms that are private and other portfolio companies associated with them. Along with private equity fund investments and equity co-investment, Churchill offers a wide range of financial solutions that include-
- mezzanine debt
- second lien
Churchill – which is itself owned by the credible financial planning firm TIAA (The Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America)– has had a successful legacy of –
- Regular and systematic investment spread across multiple economic cycles
- Effectively managing billions worth of committed capital over the years (currently amounting to approximately 30 billion USD)
- They are Designing and executing unique and effective strategies for pitching buyers, generating leads, and managing relationships with intermediaries
- They are employing several hundred world-class professionals who are located across the cities of Charlotte, New York, and Chicago
In the year 2020, Churchill’s investment and capital raising activities touched a new high as the company-
- They have managed to accumulate new committed capital that amounted well beyond $ 6.4 billion.
- They have successfully committed an amount that was greater than $6 billion as new investments.
Based on Churchill’s success and achievements, the Global M&A Network’s USA M&A Atlas Awards 2021-
- Declared Churchill L.L.C. as the “U.S.A. Lender of the Year”. Given its fabulous growth rate in recent years, it is no surprise that Churchill has managed to bag this prestigious title for the third time in a row.
- honored the leadership skill, outstanding client service, and market understanding of Anne Philpott– one of the PEJC team’s principals– by acknowledging her as one of the Top Women Dealmakers of the year. Philpott played a pivotal role in the improvement and success of PEJC as a platform.
The awards which were presented to all the recipients in remote virtual ceremonies held on May 25th and 26th, 2021 were decided based on an independent point-indexed scoring method say Paul Haarman.
Ken Kencel, who is the Chief Executive Officer and President of Churchill, congratulated Churchill’s entire team on their spectacular success and especially Anne on her well-deserved achievement.
Churchill L.L.C.’s Head of Junior Capital and Private Equity Solutions, Jason Strife also complimented Anne Philpott hailing her as a great leader to her fellow employees at Churchill. He also praised Anne’s contributions to the Churchill Company as well as the entire investment and finance industry.
The growth and success of Churchill and its consistent position as the industry leader through various market cycles can be credited at least in part to its conservative and cautious approach, its strong and diverse employee base, and its long-established credible relationships.