Depending on the make & model of your vehicle, its age along with how it has been used – your car might be in desperate need of an overall tune-up. As a car owner, you should ensure that your vehicle is always running smoothly and also efficiently as well. Apart from the smooth humming sound from your car’s engine – you shouldn’t accept any grinding noises from your vehicle or any annoying rumbling sounds.
In case your vehicle is not at its best state, then most probably it’s burning more fuel than before and will be doing more damage to the overall integrity of the engine – in the long-term. Therefore, it’s essential that you adjust the fluid levels of your car, engine timings, inspect & change the air filters and so on – with the help of mobile car mechanic services.
What Are The Consequences Of Not Maintaining & Repairing Your Car?
Some times, it can be easy to overlook the regular maintenance of your car – which can happen either due to sheer negligence or simply forgetting about the same. However, if you don’t opt for your car servicing needs, then you can face the following consequences:
- Repairs can become costly over time.
- The overall life of the vehicle would be shortened.
- The resale value of the vehicle would be reduced.
- The mileage provided by the vehicle would get diminished.
- Build up of oil inside the engine.
- Any mechanical failure which can lead to any road accidents.
How To Know If Your Car Needs A Serious Tune-Up?
The best way to know whether your car needs a tune-up is by consulting with your preferred auto-mechanic or just by consulting your manufacturer’s manual. It should be known that typically, cars need servicing every 12 months or 12,000 miles – whichever is earlier.
Not opting for a maintenance schedule can lead you to completely change your vehicle’s engine – which will attract a heavy fee. Furthermore, you’ll be compromising your overall safety on the road as well. Unless you want to bear such costs out of nowhere, it’s always a better option to take preventive measures and follow a strict vehicle maintenance schedule.
What Are The Potential Signs That Your Vehicle Needs Servicing?
The following are some of the major potential signs that will let you know that your car needs servicing:
- The braking capacity will be reduced.
- There will be problems in starting the engine.
- Steering will not be accurate and precise.
- Strange noises from the engine along with warning lights.
- The car will rattle when accelerating.
- Leaks releasing car fluids.
- The acceleration would be sluggish and there will be loss in overall power.
- Engine speed will detect a surge out of nowhere.
By knowing these above symptoms, you can easily consult with your nearest car mechanic and thereby fix the issues before it gets too late.