In Australia, Rugby League is becoming one of the favourite summer sports. With so many matches around, fans get to take advantage of many exciting games. Rugby league was professionally established in Australia in 1908 which was based in Sydney New South Wales. Presently, sixteen teams compete in the National Rugby League that provides vivid entertainment to fans every year.
The Rugby Super League also accounts for a large portion of rugby betting and pits the best of the best against each other. Visit this website fort offers of top betting proposals covering rugby league. Some top bookmakers now offer in-play betting and live streaming services for the league.
Read on to find out all there is to know about Rugby League matches: –
Rugby League pitch and teams
To play a Rugby league the pitch should be rectangular with a set of H-shaped posts at each end situated on the goal. Basically, a Rugby League match is held for a period of 80 minutes and consists of two 40-minutes halves. Each team consists of 13 players on the field and four reserves on the bench.
Aim of Rugby League and scoring
To score more points than your opponents there are some rules like-
- In a Try, you get 4 points when the ball is grounded over the try line of the opposing team.
- Every conversion includes a score of 2 points. The team following a try gets an opportunity to score points from the same position where the try was scored. The player has to kick the ball through the post up and above the crossbar.
- 1 point is given to a drop goal where it is scored by drop-kicking the ball and then passed between the posts and above the crossbar.
- Even in penalty goal, the team awarded a penalty can take a kick at goal and their successful attempt will gain 2 points for the team.
Basics of Rugby League
- The ball, when passed by hand, has to be passed back and the players can pass the ball as many times as they like until one of them is tackled to the ground.
- Teams who have possession of the ball until six tackles, have to ‘hand over’ the ball to the other team.
- In tackling, the ball carrier plays the ball backwards by foot along the ground to a teammate behind them.
- A scrum is formed when a player is tackled into touch or when the ball is kicked into touch.
- Players can be ruled offside if they are in front of a teammate who is in possession.
- Penalties are awarded in case of high tackles, hitting an opponent, tripping, using foul or abusive language.
Most Successful teams in the game’s history
The top 4 teams of the competition are: –
- South Sydney Rabbitohs
- St George Dragons
- Sydney Roosters
- Balmain Tigers
Betting facts of Rugby League
The Super League consists of 14 teams, who play each other twice a season. With so many matches taking place, this is one of the most popular times for betting on the Rugby Super League. Turn your attention to the match markets. One should visit various betting platforms such as websites that are packed with full of features including a high-powered bet slip, improved racing form with full odds fluctuation charts and some new racing products such as Quick Multis, Odds vs Evens, as well as Cash Out making it one of the best betting platforms. So good luck to you in betting and get to grips with Rugby League before making a move.