Whether you are considering having an iron door installed or already have an iron door, you will be happy to know that maintaining Atlanta iron doors is relatively simple. In fact, many homeowners find that it is less time-consuming to clean an iron door than to clean a regular front or rear entry. Iron doors are manufactured from a material that is durable and high-strength. You will not have to spend more than a few minutes on a regular basis to clean and manage your iron doors Atlanta.
No matter what type of iron door you have, here are a few tips that should help you maintain your Atlanta iron doors.
- All you need is a mild cleanser to clean your iron doors. Use a non-abrasive cloth with a mild cleanser and you should have no problems cleaning your Atlanta iron doors.
- Iron doors are incredibly strong and durable. However, iron’s one kryptonite is water, which can cause rusting. Over time, rusting can ruin the aesthetics of an originally beautiful iron door. Therefore, when cleaning your iron doors, you should not allow the water to dry on your iron doors. Hard minerals and chemicals in tap water can damage the appearance of your iron door by causing stains. If possible, try to use filtered water to clean your iron door. Overall, however, as long as you carefully dry your iron door after cleaning, you should be set.
- Be sure to use a dry towel or sponge to wipe down your iron door after cleaning it with water and a mild cleanser. As long as you are proactive about preventing water from drying on your iron door, you can expect your iron door to remain beautiful for many years to come.
- Don’t make the mistake of using caustic cleaners on your iron door. Some examples of such cleaners include surface sprays, window cleaners, and other harsh chemicals. The last thing you want is to inflict damage on your iron door’s finish.
- The climate of your region will have an impact on how your take care of your iron door. For example, if you live in a region near the coast, it is essential that you take extra precaution to keep the hinges of your door oiled. Unless you properly care for the iron door, salt water in the air will cause the iron to corrode over time. Also, after it rains, you should try to use a dry cloth to wipe any water off your iron doors to prevent rusting. Therefore, if you live in an area with a rainy climate, you may need to spend more time on maintenance for your iron door.
If you don’t have an iron entry door, you should consider having one installed in your home. For more information about iron doors, don’t hesitate to contact us.