Writing a response to an article is a prerequisite for the students in the university. This document is necessary for the objective analysis of the scientific article and the decision on the expediency of its publication in the editions.
That is quite a complicated paper to write. That is why you can find someone from professional essay writing services like CustomWritings to complete a response paper for you customized to your needs.
What Is a Response to an Article?
An article response is an official document produced by a supervisor, a job seeker, or a student. It can belong to one of two varieties:
- Internal members are members of the certification committee, working at the department at which the applicant is defended, as well as his scientific supervisor. The document is certified by a university or research institute.
- The external is divided into 2 main types: performed by official opponents of the dissertation, invited from another university or leading organization, as well as the independent response of the article by members of the editorial board or special commission before publication.
The leader’s response concerns the positive aspects of the dissertation, the external and internal responses contain a general evaluation and comments. If it is a material prepared for publication, then after the supervisor makes a positive or negative decision about the possibility of placing the material in the periodical.
Scope and Content of the Response Paper
The Content of the Response to the Scientific Article
To write a critical response of an article, a brief outline is provided: the document should include an introduction, the main text in which the author expresses his personal opinion about the material, a section with comments and conclusions. It is necessary to write exclusively on a subject, without making retreats and references to other sources. In commenting, the supervisor must justify them in order to make an impartial and objective assessment.
To do this, consider the following issues:
- The subject of the article, its relevance, and the options of the author specified;
- Ability to consider a question or problem from the perspective of a scientist;
- The novelty of the methods proposed by the applicant to solve the problem. The technique can be widely known, but with certain, not previously used nuances;
- Depth of search and degree of disclosure of the topic. The text should be complete, logical, holistic, and substantiated;
- Writing in an accessible language, but using scientific terminology that is understood by those skilled in the art. Correct construction of text with clear and concise phrases, a minimum of “water”;
- Correct structure. The response is made up of sections that include one or more chapters, unique subheadings, abstracts, bibliographies, author information;
- The volume of the article is evaluated. It should comply with the established guidelines, so the teacher may point out the moments that are not covered enough or vice versa, require reduction.
As for the scope of the response, there are no strict rules governing it. The response is approximately 3.5-4 thousand characters, but maybe more or less depending on the topic and its complexity. In practice, these parameters correspond to 1.5-2 pages of text in Word. Such a document should be printed out, duly certified, and provided with the original and not the electronic version.
What the Response Should Contain: The Plan of the Document
A properly written response paper consists of five main parts. The approximate content of the text below will make this work easier.
- The full title of the article indicating the full name and position of the author. An example of the introduction of a response;
- Summary of the problem under study. An example of a brief description of a response problem;
- Determining the relevance of the document and its brief description. An example of determining the level of relevance of a response;
- Description of the most significant points of the scientific article. An example of describing significant moments of a response;
- Positive/negative recommendations for further publication of the document in a scientific journal. an example of describing the positive/negative points of a response;
- In the final part of the response, the author indicates information about himself (full name, academic degree/rank, place of employment, position) and certifies the document with his own signature with the seal of the organization.
How to Write a Response to an Article for a Scientific Journal
What is included in the response of a scientific article for the journal:
- Elaboration of the problem under study;
- The relevance of the chosen experimental method;
- Logical interconnection of text fragments / correct construction of the structure;
- The validity of the conclusions obtained by the author of the scientific article;
- The prospect of future research.
The response of an article on economics, history, and other areas is handled by a scientific advisor. The document is certified according to general rules – an indication of information about the response, signature of the author, certified by the seal of the organization. The task of the project curator is to evaluate the document objectively, stating its strengths/weaknesses.